- TueOct13 6th Grade Science Camp TMS - Catalina Island
- TueOct13 PTA Meeting 9:15 AM to 10:30 AMEMS
- TueOct13 8th Gr. Luncheon 12:36 PM to 1:13 PMTMS
- TueOct13 Board Meeting 6:00 PM to 8:30 PMDO - Board Room
- WedOct14 5th Grade Pilgrim - Wolsey TOW
- WedOct14 6th Grade Science Camp TMS - Catalina Island
- WedOct14 Career Day TMS
- WedOct14 PSAT for 11th Grade Students 7:30 AM to 12:30 PMLBHS Theater
- WedOct14 Orange T-Shirts for Sale (PALs) 12:36 PM to 1:13 PMTMS - Quad
- WedOct14 PTA Meeting 6:00 PM to 7:00 PMTMS - Library
- WedOct14 College Round-Up 7:00 PM to 8:30 PMLBHS-Dugger Gym
- ThuOct15 6th Grade Science Camp TMS - Catalina Island
- ThuOct15 Great Shake Out LBHS
- ThuOct15 Great Shake Out 10:00 AM to 10:30 AMTMS
- ThuOct15 Gold Card Celebration 10:30 AM to 11:00 AM
- FriOct16 6 Wk Progress Reporting TMS
- FriOct16 6th Grade Science Camp TMS - Catalina Island
- FriOct16 End of 6 Week Grading Period LBHS
- SatOct17 Mock PSAT 10th Grade 8:00 AM to 12:00 PMLBHS Classrooms (TBD)
- SunOct18 Homecoming Spirit Week
IN THE LAGUNA BEACH UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT, EACH STUDENT GAINS THE KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, WORLD PERSPECTIVES, AND SKILLS NEEDED TO BECOME A LIFELONG LEARNER AND PRODUCER IN A COMPETITIVE AND INTERCONNECTED WORLD.
YEAR-END TECH REVIEW
The LBUSD technology team worked on many exciting and innovative projects this year. In addition to beefing up the wireless infrastructure and increasing network speeds across all sites, the team began initial phases of a district-wide BYOD implementation. Additionally, the team began a multi-year project to modernize classroom learning spaces into the 21st century with the 4CLE initiative. It was an exciting year for LBUSD tech!
We are setting out on an ambitious journey to rethink the classroom. Our 4CLE (4C's Learning Environments) are focused on collaboration, creativity, critical thinking, and communication. This project was fully funded by School Power on 3/15/2015. Twelve classrooms will receive the benefit from this project. Thank you SchoolPower for your generous funding.
THE 4CLE CLASSROOM
LBUSD is beginning to transition classrooms into modern learning spaces based upon the 4C's: critical thinking, collaboration, creativity, and communication.
CODING CLUB AT TOW
TOW recently started a Coding Club to get kids excited about computer programming and the array of careers in the field of programming.
The gold standard of education
California Distinguished Schools
Access to Instrumental and Vocal Music
Spaces to Inspire & Support 21st Century Learning
Students Attend Colleges and Universities